In Texas, we are lucky to enjoy relatively temperate weather year-round. With that being said, the sky truly is the limit when it comes to looking for things to do around Austin in the winter. What activities should you add to your list? Here’s a look at the ultimate in winter fun around Austin – both inside and out:
Winter Fun Around Austin!
- Grab a pint at a local brewery
- Head to Alamo Drafthouse or the Moviehouse & Eatery to catch the latest release
- Grab a cup of joe, hot chocolate or tea at a local coffee shop
- Shop some of the best local antique, vintage and thrift stores around Austin
- Be adventurous and try a new restaurant! Here’s a look at some of the best new restaurants around Austin!
- Stroll the exhibits at a local museum. The University of Texas is home to some great collections, including the Blanton Museum of Art, the Harry Ransom Center and the LBJ Presidential Library
- Visit a local distillery
- Enjoy a day in the sun sipping on a glass of vino at an award-winning Hill Country winery. Here’s a look at some fantastic wineries and vineyards just a short drive from Austin!
- Run the Austin Marathon on February 17
- Dine on a patio: Moonshine Patio Bar & Grill, Contigo, Grizzelda’s, etc.
- Explore some of Austin’s best hiking trails: Ann and Roy Butler Hike-and-Bike Trail, Edwards Park, Wild Basin Wilderness Preserve, Barton Creek Greenbelt
- See a comedy show at Esther’s Follies
- Relax at a local spa or resort: Milk + Honey Spa, Lacquer, etc.
- Attend a University of Texas basketball game
- Grab your clubs and play18-holes at one of the top golf courses in Austin
Looking for something to do that doesn’t involve leaving the house? Here are just a couple of ideas:
- Revamp your home’s design. Don’t forget to consider the home design trends of 2019!
- Make a fort or set up the tent in the living room and camp inside with the kiddos. Don’t forget the marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate for s’mores.
- Declutter the house – a tidy house can reduce anxiety!
- Clean out your drawers, closets, attic, garage and more
- Start planning your family summer vacation
- Cozy up and read a novel
- Help your kids with their homework – if needed, of course!
- Install a smart thermostat – you’ll save money on your electric bill
- Complete some regular home maintenance projects: insulate the attic, refurbish the doors, replace the filter, seal openings and air leaks and more.
- Cook a new recipe you’ve been wanting to try
Do you have any questions about the Austin area? I love it here and would be happy to share my knowledge with you! Contact me today.